Sunday, August 12, 2007

Welcome Home

After traveling for over 24 hours I arrived to my new apartment with this welcome basket waiting. The school here has been amazing to take care of all the new staff and their families, especially within the first few days of arriving. They have fed us most meals within the first week and even took us to some nice restaurants (although things here are so much less expensive- I got steak at one for about $3). They have also driven us around shopping to get everything we could possibly need to set up our new home. It's a blessing to be cared for!


3 comments:

Arijaan Bulk said...

so glad to hear you're being taken care of - that's so awesome! My home feels empty without you in it - I miss you! Rebecca and I are having a good time though, and I'm sure you and Emily are as well. Praying for you as you gear up to teach - don't forget that you CAN'T do it but, thankfully, God can!! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I love you sister & I'm sorry we haven't skyped yet!! I'm off to camp in a couple of days but I have a date to skype with you on Saturday w/ mom & dad. I love you and am praying for you!!!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Dear Emily,
It's so wonderful to read your blog. How thrilling it is to hear about all your new adventures and what a relief to know that your receiving a warm welcome. We love you and we're praying for you. At the moment we've found a house that we love, and we're getting to put our houses on the market in order to buy the apple of our eye, God willing.
Love,
Barb and Dennis