Sunday, August 19, 2007

School Starts Tomorrow

Please pray for me! School starts tomorrow and I am pretty nervous. Being a new teacher I don't feel fully prepared for starting off a new school year and setting up new routines. I will be teaching 5 classes: 6th grade math, 7th grade pre-algebra, 8th grade algebra I, 9th grade geometry, and 10th grade algebra II. Pray that I would be able to quickly learn all my students' names, for peace as I am nervous and fearful, and that I would be able to clearly communicate my classroom expectations to my students. This is a picture of what my classroom looked like just 4 days ago. I will try to take another tomorrow so that you can see the final product. It has been a crazy transition to try and get adjusted to a new culture and a new job at the same time. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I will get through it. I appreciate your prayers... I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily, You are in my prayers. I know that you will be a great teacher. Be patient with yourself and when you get frustrated, eat gelato! I love you,
Carol