Saturday, August 18, 2007

Ice Cream

Although most Indonesians don't really eat or drink dairy you can still get it here. I was afraid that I'd be dying for some ice cream but the third day here we ate at a restaurant called the Gelato Bar. They had really delicious sandwiches and then we split some gelato for dessert. It was yummy. You can also buy different types of ice cream at the international grocery store (called Setiabudi). I've also seen a 31 Flavors but haven't tried it yet. Milk is quite different here. It comes in a non-refrigerated box. And unfortunately cheese is really expensive.

Charity, Molly, and I enjoy some chocolate and lemon gelato at the Gelato Bar.

3 comments:

Arijaan Bulk said...

So great to read these updates Emily! I've been praying for you. . .you're up on our fridge. :) Maybe take comfort in the fact that soy milk comes in a non-refrigerated box. . .hopefully that's okay for cows milk then too. I'm so proud of you and can't wait to hear about how the first week of teaching goes. YOU CAN'T DO IT but God WILL do it through you!

Anonymous said...

Hi sister,
Thanks for writing at length about dairy products :) You know how I appreciate food talk, especially when it comes to my favorite foodgroup. I love you very much & can't wait to skype with you tonight!! Keep taking your calcium supplements when you aren't drinking your boxed milk ;)
Love, sarah

Anonymous said...

hello sister. i took a nap on your bed today. i miss you. i will think of you every time i eat cheese.
much love/hugs/prayers
marissa