Thursday, August 9, 2007

Earthquake

In case you've already heard there was an earthquake in Indonesia. I've been told it is on American TV so I wanted to let you know that we are all okay here. I awoke in the middle of the night to feel my bed shaking. The earthquake lasted a long time (about a minute) but didn't feel that strong so I just stayed in bed. We've been told that it the epicenter was 60 miles off the coast of Jakarta and about a 7.5. But really no damage to our house or the school. For many of the staff here it was the first time they had ever been in an earthquake but nobody is really shook up at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had an earthquake here last night too. Weird. It wasn't that big. Just a 4.6. I think the epicenter was Calabasas. weird.

keep up the blogging!

love,

melissa