Monday, August 27, 2007

Nasi

This one's for Arijaan! Arijaan, they have nasi here. Actually the Indonesian word for cooked rice is nasi. One of the most popular and traditional dishes is called Nasi Goreng, which is their version of fried rice. Although they have peanut sauce here, they don't put it on the nasi goreng. They do put some fried egg on top most of the time. Other than that it pretty much looks the same as what you've made for me. I know they don't use a seasoning packet to make it, but I'm not sure what seasoning they add in. Thought you'd find that fun. A taste of home!

1 comment:

Arijaan Bulk said...

oh my goodness!!! Emily, this is precious!! I haven't checked your blog in a while, dial-up internet in Oakdale is bad news when trying to get blogs to come up. :) I love you and thanks for totally making me smile. See, the Lord was preparing you for Bandung by letting me live with you and cook for you!! So praying for you. . .wish I could come a eat some dragon fruit with you. Choose to be a blessing Miss Clauson!!