Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One last trip... for this year

As a final hurrah a group of us took a beach trip to see some endangered sea turtles. A few of us did the trip by motor bike and then our PE teacher and his family drove their car. It was fun to have kids come on the trip, some of the cutest kids I have ever met. We saw really cool sites along the way, with the highlight of course being the sea turtles. I especially enjoyed the baby sea turtles! If only they were not endangered I might have stuck one in my pocket and taken it home. :) We were taken by a guide out to the beach where nightly the turtles come up onto the sand, dig a large whole, lay their eggs, and then bury them. It was pretty much like National Geographic close up. Here's a collage of pictures from the trip. There are many, many more but thought I would just give you a taste of all that we experienced.














No comments: