Friday, July 31, 2009

2. Making new friends

I spent two weeks this summer in Southaven, Mississippi (just over the border from Memphis, TN). While there I helped with NICS's Pre-Field Orientation. This is a training session for all the new staff at all the NICS's schools around the world. Although I had already been through the training two summers ago before I left, I enjoyed being reminded of a lot of the important things that are shared about working with TCKs and living life overseas. While there I got to meet all our new staff coming to Bandung. I also met lots of new friends who work and teach at various schools all over the world.
A visit into Memphis leads us to enjoy the sunset over the Mississippi River. Just across the river is Arkansas.
The kids perform a song for us at the annual talent show... so cute!
Yes, I even did a little acting. The women staff advisers put together a skit for the talent show at the end of PFO.
Me and a new friend. Indonesia meets Japan. :) At the closing banquet we all wore international dress.
The Bandung, Indonesia crew (we totaled over 25)
My small group girls... spreading all over the world- Argentina, Brazil, Afghanistan, Ghana, and Bolivia.

No comments: