Friday, July 31, 2009

4. Relaxing on the beach

Our family tradition is that we go camping at the beach every summer in Carpenteria. This is one of the weeks I so look forward to during the year (especially when things get crazy and school gets busy). My dad went camping here when he was growing up and we started going when I was really young. We spent the week relaxing and resting. We swam in the ocean and lay in the sand. We sat around and read. My dad fished and caught a couple of small perch. We strolled through the small town and weekly farmer's market. We roasted marshmallows around the campfire. And we walked along the beach in the evenings and watched some beautiful sunsets. Bliss.
My dad- the fisherman
Like the sign?
Sitting around, lots of time and nowhere to go
Reading, reading, and more reading
Large campfires to keep warm
And lots and lots of sunsets:

No comments: