Saturday, August 2, 2008

Summer has come and gone

Well it seems summer has come and gone already for me. I packed my bags, boarded a plane and found myself back in Indonesia for another school year. I got safely to Indonesia last night after over 24 hours of traveling. It's a long flight but everything went as smoothly as possible which was nice.

After arriving to my new house (in the city of Kota Baru Parahyangan- a name I had to say frequently at the airport as I was trying to find a way to get here) I was met by my three roommate who had already arrived. We also went over to say goodbye to our school nurse who will be going with her family on furlough this coming year. I was able to stay up until 11 pm last night and was so exhausted that I slept all through the night and woke up very rested this morning at 7 am. If you've ever tried to get over jet lag you know that this is a good sign that I'm probably well on my way to being adjusted to the time here.

Today I worked on unpacking and setting up things here at my house. I had a few errands to run so while I was out I stopped in at the new school. It's looking great! They basically have everything done inside, although it still needs to be cleaned and there is lots of unpacking to do. Outside they got our covered sports hall put up and grass planted. Tomorrow I'm going to start working at school on the numerous things I need to get done there before school starts on August 19th. Arriving here is truly a reminder that summer is over and now it's back to work... and there is lots of work to be done!

A view from the plane on one of my many flights.

3 comments:

Arijaan Bulk said...

Friend! I am so glad you got there safe. . .thanks for the update! And the name of your town in quite a mouthful. . .I just tried to say it outloud! :) Don't forget, you can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens you. . .which also means taking the time to rest when there are 10,000 other things to do. I love you so much. . .continue to keep us posted!

Anonymous said...

Greetings Em,
Thanks for this blog letting us know you arrived safely. I tried to call you before you left, but I missed you. I was so glad you came home.
Take care and enjoy your year and new adventures.
Love,
Dennis and Barb

Marissa Maharaj said...

yay for conquering jet lag!
glad things went smoothly and that you're back in indonesia (although i'm sure anna's devastated that you left)!
love you very much-- your new house looks fabulous and i can't wait for more updates.
praying for you!
xoxo
sister#3