Friday, January 25, 2008

Switchfoot

Switchfoot came to Jakarta last night and quite a few of our secondary students went. They were all talking about it on Friday at school. (Some of them had bought t-shirts and were wearing them.) I guess this would be an exciting event in the States, but our students don't usually get to do stuff like that here in Indonesia so they were pretty thrilled. Those that went had to make the three hour drive from Bandung to Jakarta but I'm sure they thought it was worth it. Their excitement is so fun to see.

Here are a couple of pictures taken before Christmas break. These are my 9th grade students (they were having a study party right before semester exams). I don't have a whole lot of pictures of my students so I thought I'd post a few that I do have. Figured maybe you'd enjoy seeing some of the faces that I work with day in and day out.

Studying for exams in the BAIS library.

Hanging out in the "pit," one of the few places here that actually has carpet. Students have to take off their shoes before going it and get to relax on pillows.

Yes, that's me. I showed up at the study party for a little bit to help answer geometry questions.

No comments: