Sunday, January 13, 2008

Celebrating Year 23

Well, I'm back in Bandung, Indonesia. I had a great Christmas break and now I'm back to life here. We started school again this past Monday. Although it's hard to start getting up early again, it is good to be back. I'm blessed to really be enjoying my job.

I wanted to share my birthday story. I left LAX on January 8th. Along the way, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, it became January10th. After serving breakfast on the plane, a group of flight attendants came over and gave me this cake and sang Happy Birthday to me (at least I think they did... I was kind of delirious). The cake was a little strange as you can probably tell from the picture and image because it was airplane food. Then other crew members continued to come over and wish me Happy Birthday. Although it was sweet, it was also kind of depressing to be traveling alone on my birthday, traveling toward a place with good friends but no family.


Things went fairly smoothly in all my travels to get back. My flight took off an hour late from LAX, which caused me to miss my flight in Malaysia. They got me right on the next flight with just a couple hours layover. However, I didn't get into Jakarta until 6:00 pm or so. From there I got on an airport shuttle that took me to southern Bandung and then I took a taxi from there to my apartment.

By the time I got to my house it was 10:30 pm and I was a beyond exhausted. But I arrived to these fun door decorations. Some girls had come over shortly before I got back and done it all.


Although we had originally planned to go out to dinner that night for my birthday, that didn't quite happen. But it was postponed to Saturday night and we had a great time. I'll post some pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 23rd b-day Emily.
I look forward to reading more of your blogs regarding your experiences in teaching+living in Bandung.

cheers,