Thursday, January 24, 2008

Revive Me

I know I promised pictures of my birthday celebration... they are on their way, I promise.

It's been hard to get back into the swing of things here. We are almost done with our second week back. Everyday seems filled to the max with unexpected things popping up all the time. I've been tired and come home pretty worn out each day. Pray for strength and adjustment.

This is going to be an incredibly busy semester. There are a lot of different things going on at the school. In a couple of weeks we are having Week Without Walls, a week where the students and staff spend time in various ministries around the city. We're hosting some open houses this week to try and attract new families to the school for the coming fall. The school is in the middle of a building project, building a new school about 45 minutes from where we are right now. There are so many details that go along with this project. One of which is the logistics of actually moving all of the stuff in our school. Another is all of the staff (and many school families) moving their houses and personal belongings. Some drama has surrounded our recent house searching... details aside, it has been an added stress. Please be in prayer over the many details of our new school, the building project, and the move.

But in the midst of these circumstances God has been showing up. Last week one of our high school teachers shared in chapel of her recent struggles and how God showed up in the midst of them. She played a song that has been running through my mind ever since, part of which says "Revive me according to your loving kindness." And slowly, but surely He is.

This is the view out my front door. That's my tree. We've been having some amazing sunsets that light up the whole sky (only for about 3 minutes, but still). Don't you see Him? He's all around...

1 comment:

Matt said...

What a beautiful sunset and view from across the world. Your post reminds me of the Jeremy Camp song "Revive Me." Revive me, according to your lovingkindness, revive me O lord.

I'm working on finding business internships in India, but it is encouraging to see how God is using you in Bandung, Indonesia!