Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

I have had a wonderful vacation in the States over the past few weeks. It was great to get a chance to hang out with family and visit with some friends. Now I'm off on a red eye flight to make the long journey back to my home very far away. Please pray for safe travels. I also ask for your prayers as I'm currently not feeling too well. Just this morning I woke up a little achy and with a stuffy nose.

Here are some highlights of my time here with family and friends.

Cookie Baking
The day after I arrived in the States my mom and sisters (and one of my sister's friends) and I spend the day baking lots of yummy Christmas cookies.



Tea with the Girls
With lots of family in town a bunch of the girls got dressed up and went to afternoon tea.



New Year's Eve
It was a quiet New Year's Eve with just a few friends. We ate a yummy dinner of ham and played games and toasted in the New Year while watching the ball drop on TV.




My parent's new giant TV. My dog Conner.

Rose Parade
My sister, one of her friends and I had prime seating at the Rose parade in Pasadena because one of my sister's friends lives on the parade route. I've been to the parade many times, but it was fun to enjoy it once again.


Happy 2008!

  

Early Birthday Dinner
My parents took me out for a very fun birthday dinner at the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. We enjoyed cheese fondue, salad, dinner fondue with meat and vegetables cooked in a chicken broth, and a delicious chocolate dessert fondue.





No comments: