Thursday, September 13, 2007

Everythings alright...

In case you haven't heard there was a pretty big earthquake off the coast of the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. I believe there was actually a couple, one being as big as 8.5. This put the country of Indonesia into a tsunami alert, along with many other countries who also decided to go into tsunami alert including Singapore, Malaysia, India, and others. From the little I've heard there was a little tsunami that didn't really cause any damage but various places are experiencing damage from the quake and even some have died. I didn't actually feel the earthquake here in Bandung, although I turned on the news for a few minutes and they were reporting that people felt it in Jakarta which isn't that far from here. It seems that earthquakes are quite common here, but after the natural disaster of just a few years ago many people panicked (for good reason). Just wanted to let you know all is ok with me here. I appreciate those of you who thought of me and emailed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
Grateful to hear all is well in Bandung. I checked your blog several times yesterday, waiting to hear of any news. Sounds like you're getting settle in there. You take care. Thought and prayers are with you.
Paul & Akemi

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,
So glad to hear from you. It's amazing that you hardly felt these earthquakes. Take care, love you.
Barb and Dennis