Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weird Things


Ever since moving to this foreign country I have found myself intrigued by the many bugs and insects that find their way into my world. To be honest I never really grew up around critters. We had the occasional ant and rolly-polly bugs, but nothing like you can find here in the tropics. After two and a half years they have become part of daily life. They don't really freak me out anymore, but they do still catch my attention every so often. We just have such interesting and weird creatures all around... and all the time.




All of these pictures come from around my house or around the school.



And this is my favorite. This frog has been living on my window sill for the past 3 weeks.
My classroom is on the second floor so I have no idea how he got there or why he stays.


Just a few insights into daily life here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,

The reason the frog hangs around is because his mom told him if he doesn't pass his math class he's going to croak.

Dad

Anonymous said...

You know Em, that frog might just be a prince...Hum, To kiss or not to kiss.
Love,
Aunt Barb