Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weird Happenings

A few weeks ago I came home and noticed some debris on my bedroom floor. I looked up to find there was a large hole in my ceiling. What in the world?!

I have no idea what kind of critter was crawling around in the ceiling, but I bet it was surprised when it hit a soft spot in the ceiling and just fell through.

I was worried about the size of such an animal that would cause a hole that size, but found no traces of anything inside our house.




Then awhile later I was having trouble sleeping one night. I heard noises in my ceiling. Normally that would not bother me (every house I have lived in here has had critters that crawl around in the ceiling and make noises day and night). However, as I lay there all I could think of was the hole in my ceiling. Whatever was making the ruckus most certainly could find its way into my room and thus into bed with me. So I tossed and turned and tried to ignore the noises.

As a result, the next day we finally got around to asking our landlord to come fix the hole. We also mentioned the noises I had heard all night. He climbed up onto the roof and found the opening the animals had been using to come in and out. Then he went into the space between the ceiling and the roof to patch the hole in my bedroom. There he discovered what had kept me up the night before. A whole litter of kittens!

He put them in a plastic bag and brought them downstairs. I was a little nervous about what was in his bag. I thought possibly it could be dead. But no they were all still alive. I think there were 5 of them. He took them outside and called to some neighbor kids to come take them away.

1 comment:

Kristen Gardenhire said...

Emily,
Thats hilarious... there is nothing better then random creatures keeping you company at home. :)