Sunday, November 22, 2009

Teaching Math

For those of you who follow this blog you may or may not know that I am a math teacher. I don't often bring it up here. But anyway, yes it is true. I teach middle and high school math. I live in Indonesia and I love that, but the reality is that I spend most of my days in my classroom teaching. My current load is five different classes ranging from 7th grade Pre-Algebra, 8th grade Algebra 1, 9th grade Geometry, 10th grade Algebra 2, to 11th/12th grade Statistics. I love my job. I love the variety. I love the students. It's challenging at times and overwhelming at others but overall really, really good.

Just wanted to give you a glimpse into my classroom for a change. This week in Geometry we learned about four important points in triangles. We talked about the Circumcenter, Incenter, Centroid, and Orthocenter. Then the students created examples of each on oragami paper and I hung them in our windows to add some color to the room.




I love math! :)

Do you?

3 comments:

Mom said...

no, i don't really love math in fact i sort of dislike it but i am so glad that you love it and i know you are a great encouragement to your students!!!!!!! i am very proud of you!!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Emily,

Numbers are my life. As a matter of fact your mom and I are enjoying some 3.14159 as we are reading your blog. Please remember that people who live to be 60 went like 40 when they were 20.

Love you,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Morning Em,
If all students had a wonderful,creative math teacher like you they would also love math. Keep up the good work.
Love,
Aunt Barb