Monday, February 9, 2009

Taman Safari Trip

My days have been filled lately with the routine and busyness of school. Teaching takes up a lot of my time and energy. But when we get a day off and have a long weekend it is so fun to step out of the routine and get out of town for a few days. A couple weekends ago that's what we did.

We had Monday off for Chinese New Year so my roommates and I and a new family that has just joined our staff went to a friends cabin a couple hours away. We enjoyed some cooler weather, relaxing mornings, and time at a local animal park called Taman Safari. Taman Safari is like a drive through zoo where a lot of the animals come right up to your car if you feed them. We bought some carrots on our way in and were amazing at how brave the animals were to come right up and stick their heads in the car. I took tons of pictures which can be viewed on my latest Picasa Web Album. Click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/clauson.emily/TamanSafari








It feels like all I've been posting on here lately is pictures of the last trip we took. I need to sit down and write something... but just haven't had time. Hopefully soon! I promise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily,

The Hippo reminds me of Linda from the Thailand night safari trip.

I really enjoyed the pictures

Dad

Anonymous said...

1) i'm loving emma's new haircut.
2) i'm very glad to see that you are wearing my cambodia monk shirt! it's one of my faves and it makes me feel close to you.
3) those little boys are seriously the cutest things i've ever seen in my life. please bring one home next time you come.
4) i don't like that they drugged the animals so that you can take pictures with them.
5) i love you. MUCHO.