Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Campus Update

Our new campus is coming along. While it isn't going to be finished exactly when we had expected, it still looks like we'll be able to move in and start school there in August. I wanted to post some pictures to give you an idea of the progress being made. The first set of pictures was taken maybe a month ago. The second set was taken last week when our staff went out and toured the building before most people left to go back to the States for the summer.

My future classroom.

I can't wait to move in and have a classroom all my own.

Jennie, Emma, and Molly walk down the unfinished stairs.

Last week our staff gathered to see the progress that's been made and pray over the new campus project before lots of people left to go back to the States for the summer.

This is the main building and is big enough for all classrooms and offices. Eventually a separate building will be built for offices, the cafeteria and the auditorium.

Workers are working around the clock to get the building done for school starting in August. Workers continued to work even as we walked around.

I was shocked when I walked in and saw my classroom was almost finished.

I've got a great view out my classroom of the sunset in the evening.


Unfortunately, the building project is not quite as finished as the pictures of my classroom make it seem. The outside still needs a lot of work. This is where our sports hall will be.

This is our future swimming pool. At least it has water in it! Do you think it will be ready for swim season next spring? Probably not. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you won't be staying late enough next year to watch that sunset from your classroom!
I love you sister