Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Field Day

Well, I'm done! Last Friday was our last day of school. As I was warned your first year of teaching is the hardest and I would definitely have to agree. It's been a wild ride moving to Indonesia, adjusting to a new culture, learning a new language, and seeing staff members come and go, all while being a first year teacher. But He who called me has been faithful!

Last week the secondary students had semester exams. Then the last day of school was Field Day. Traditionally this day students don't have class but instead is a day filled with games. This year because it was our last day at our current campus we decided to do things a little different. Students got a chance to go to their normal classes for a few minutes to say goodbye to teachers and friends. There is a large number of students leaving or going on furlough at the end of this year. Then the high schoolers spent some time hanging out and signing yearbooks. The day finished with an all school worship service, with singing and sharing memories students had of the campus. The purpose of the day was to help us all say goodbye and transition to the next phase of our school.

The day begun in Staff Devotions with a time of washing one another's feet. Here Joey, our current director, washes Pete's feet. Pete will be our director at the new campus next year.

Here are my 7th graders on the last day of school. You've got to love middle schoolers! :)

My 9th graders hang out in my class one last time and we all say goodbye.

Lots of students spent time signing yearbooks before summer begins and friends leave for good or just for the summer.

Other students were tired of singing yearbooks and played games instead. They were cracking me up as my high school students played games called "Bunny Bunny" and "Bubble Game." But even as I stood and watched I couldn't figure out what the rules were.

And lastly, our all school worship service closes out the day, the school year, and our time at this campus.

1 comment:

Arijaan Bulk said...

I'm so proud of you Miss Clauson!! now it's time to rest and play hard for a bit! thanks for the great pics of your kids!