Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sawah {rice field}

I am obsessed with rice. Both eating it and watching it grow.
My neighborhood is surrounded by rice fields. In every nook and cranny it seems
that someone has planted some rice- across the street, in between houses,
along the road, in every patch of empty space.

I find it absolutely breathtaking.
I am amazed at how green the fields are, from the time they are planted
with little tiny bundles until it grows up tall and bushy. Only in the very final stage
does it begin to turn golden brown and then you know it is time for harvest.

This morning on my way to school the air was crisp
and the sun was shinning
and the rice fields were glowing.
Little water droplets clung to the tips of each individual blade.

And somehow it seemed that all was right with the world.







No comments: