Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fruit Party 2008

We hosted the annual fruit party last weekend. We had a lot of fun introducing the new staff to the large variety of weird and yummy fruits of Indonesia. Many of our new staff have tried most of it before, but it was still a fun excuse to get together. A lot of our staff members came, new and old, and enjoyed tasting fruit and hanging out. We even brought out the infamous durian fruit (the one that smells and tastes like rotten garbage). I was brave enough to try it again but it was just as bad as I remember from last year. :) A handful of other people tried it too, but most people chose to just laugh at those brave enough to taste.

View all of the pictures at my latest Picasa Web Album here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/clauson.emily/FruitParty08


The large spread of fruit.

Everyone enjoying getting to try.


Sitting around enjoying each other's company.

Adam tries the durian fruit for the first time.

The roommates all get together and decide to try durian together.

Here we go!

Oh, no! Why did we decide to do that again?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! My wife and I are interested in teaching in Indonesia. Do you have an email that you check so that we could contact you and some of the other teachers at BAIS? Our email is jjsmalley@gmail.com. We are both public school educators (high schoo English and Elementary Ed. and special ed.) in Oregon and are looking to come your direction within the next year or two. We are just looking for even more connections. Could you contact us if you have a minute or two?

In christ

Josh & Jaclyn Smalley

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily..
I'm Ria. I was trying to find some information about BIC, and somehow stumbled on your blog. It's a net blog :) I'm impressed you tried the durian-again.. I'm now living in South Sumatera and will move (back) to Bandung. Have a blessed week Emily!

Emily said...

Hi Ria,

When do you head back to Bandung? I attend BIC and it would be fun to meet up with you when you come. That's so fun you found my blog! It's a small world out there. :)

Thanks!
Emily