Friday, February 1, 2008

Birthday Celebration

A couple weekends ago we went out to celebrate my birthday. It was a fun evening packed full of surprises. Some friends had arranged for us to try go-carting at a large mall in southern Bandung. It was my first time ever trying this and I have a feeling it's a little different here than in the States. It just didn't feel super safe... I felt like I was going to tip over or something. Don't worry mom we all wore helmets. :)

Then we went inside the mall where they have some games and a roller coaster. A few of us decided to give the roller coaster a try and, although it wasn't the greatest thing ever, it was still fun. Next, we headed to a local Indonesian restaurant for dinner where I tried some new and different foods: squid, snails, and cow skin being among them. Lastly, we made a stop for dessert nearby. We enjoyed various types of cheesecake at a hole in the wall cheesecake place. Here are a couple of highlight pictures from the evening. To see all the pictures click on the following link that will take you to that Picasa Web Album:


No comments: