Thursday, December 20, 2007

End of the Semester

Well, yesterday I finished my first semester of my first year of teaching! I can't believe the whirlwind of the past four and a half months.

The quarter has been quickly coming to an end over the past few weeks, as I tried to wrap up as much as I could with my classes and learning new material. In the middle of last week we stopped doing new stuff and started reviewing for finals. This past Sunday night I was up all night throwing up and had to take a sick day Monday to recover, while I continued to experience, what they call here, "Bandung Belly". I either ate something bad or my body just shut down from the business and stress of life lately. Although I was really stressed at the thought of getting a sub and writing sub plans, taking a day off was wonderful and I was feeling so much better the next day. Tuesday and Wednesday all of the secondary students had half days for final exams. Although I have five exams to grade, the past couple of days have been pretty nice, no teaching just sitting around while my students take tests. And now I'm packing and wrapping gifts (and doing some last minute shopping) and checking things off my to do list before leaving Bandung for the Jakarta airport Friday morning at 4am. Me and a friend will share a taxi from Bandung to Jakarta, but then from there will go our separate ways and I'll travel the rest of the way alone. I go from Jakarta to Malaysia to Taiwan and arrive at LAX Friday late afternoon- amazing how that can happen.

No comments: